After watching the documentary Prison State ( 2014), post your thoughts on the following questions..
1. What were some of the causes of the great increase in the prison population discussed in the film? Although crime rates are falling, prison populations continue to be quite substantial. What can be done to reduce the high rate of incarceration? Be specific.
2. In the film, the narrator states, “Kentucky spends more than $15 million a year incarcerating people just from Beecher Terrace and the surrounding neighborhood.” Why have some observers criticized the use of ZIP codes in offender risk assessment as a form of racial and ethnic discrimination? Should these strategies be prohibited because it is unethical? Explain your answer and address the responsibility of the criminal justice system for intentional and unintentional discrimination within.
3. What problems do the mothers and their children experience in the film? What problems does it cause in the long run for these families and society as a whole?
4. Research the prevalence of mental health issues of prison inmates. Research on which type of programs are effective in helping these offenders reintegrate into society and break the cycle of crime. Why are only a few offenders with mental health disorders diverted into specific programs?
5. Discuss the challenges faced by Mr. McDuffie and Mr. Huff after being released from prison. What were the consequences of these challenges? How can these issues be successfully addressed? Be sure to provide specific examples.For more information on mental health issues check on this :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder
At Edubaddy.com, we deliver the best essay writing service in USA and guarantee all of our customers that we deliver on what we promise.
Our team of writers is the best in the essay writing industry. We are the best college essay writing service
Once you create an account with us, we will also provide you with a personal account to load your funds. We promise to refund your money if you aren’t satisfied with our products.Read more
As the best essay writing service in USA, all of our work is 100% original and completely plagiarism-free. We use the best plagiarism checkers on all papers that our writers submit. Trust us to deliver the best original orders.Read more
Whenever you submit your paper with us, we always strive to deliver the best high-quality finished orders. What happens when you receive our finished paper but are not satisfied? We offer free unlimited revisions. We also aim for nothing but to deliver only high-quality papers. EduBaddy puts quality first in all papers that we deliver to your account.Read more
It’s important to us that our customers understand that all the information that they share with us is strictly confidential and only used to improve the essay writing services that we offer. We will never share, rent, or sell any information you share with us.Read more
It’s always important that all our clients understand and trust us to deliver the highest-quality papers. We must trust each other if we want to achieve the best end results. We always want to make sure that our customers are absolutely happy with every paper that we write for you.Read more