Set #1 Art and Propaganda: Leonardo and Kandinksy, with different questions and thus different answers, address the problem of Art; Hitler while he thinks he is defining “Art” provides the rules for producing propaganda. You may start with either subset of questions, addressing Hitler or Leonardo/Kandinski.
I. Hitler and propaganda:
A. What is at stake for Hitler? According to Hitler (not historians):
1. What is the crises Germany faces?
2. What caused it?
3. Who is responsible?
B. And what can and should “art” do? (What should be its goals? Who should it serve?)
1. What does he include as “art”
2. Why does he reject modern art and its theories? (His discussion of art criticism reveals his point of view).
3. What should art be based on, as opposed to modern theory?
4. Hitler states “To be German is to be clear.” What does Hitler mean by “clarity” and how does such “clarity” serve the purpose of propaganda?
5. Hitler announces “an unrelenting war of purification.” What does he mean by this and what does he intend to do? What gets “purified?”
C. Look at the images of “art” produced in Nazi Germany and how they express, in Hitler’s words, the “beautiful,” “the decent,” and the “good.?”
l. There are two images that begin the slide lecture on modern art that Hitler obviously appoved of. How is their style “clear” and do they display, especially the portrait of the ideal German woman, the “beautiful, the decent, and the good?” What is her place and role, what emotions or values does she seem to express?
2. In reviewing the first 20/30 minuites of “Triumph of the Will,” note how the images are used (visual and musical) to establish the theme. And what is the theme? (What do you make of the opening images of descending through the clouds? How is light and camera used to present Hitler and the German people? Who is present and how do they respond? And, importantly, who do you NOT see?
So, what in your opinion makes “Triumph of the Will” propaganda? Or not, maybe it is Art, and if so, what makes it art?
3. What comment would Socrates make on Hitler’s theory? (But then for Socates is all art propanda?—just my having fun with this quesiton).For more information on Triumph of the Will check on this :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_of_the_Will
At Edubaddy.com, we deliver the best essay writing service in USA and guarantee all of our customers that we deliver on what we promise.
Our team of writers is the best in the essay writing industry. We are the best college essay writing service
Once you create an account with us, we will also provide you with a personal account to load your funds. We promise to refund your money if you aren’t satisfied with our products.Read more
As the best essay writing service in USA, all of our work is 100% original and completely plagiarism-free. We use the best plagiarism checkers on all papers that our writers submit. Trust us to deliver the best original orders.Read more
Whenever you submit your paper with us, we always strive to deliver the best high-quality finished orders. What happens when you receive our finished paper but are not satisfied? We offer free unlimited revisions. We also aim for nothing but to deliver only high-quality papers. EduBaddy puts quality first in all papers that we deliver to your account.Read more
It’s important to us that our customers understand that all the information that they share with us is strictly confidential and only used to improve the essay writing services that we offer. We will never share, rent, or sell any information you share with us.Read more
It’s always important that all our clients understand and trust us to deliver the highest-quality papers. We must trust each other if we want to achieve the best end results. We always want to make sure that our customers are absolutely happy with every paper that we write for you.Read more