Write an effective press release to be used for obtaining media coverage.
Students are required to individually write a press release, based on the given facts. They need to show analytical skills in assessing the most important among the given set of facts, so they would properly implement it in the most common tool used for gaining media attention and coverage.
You are working for the corporate communications department for The Economist Events that will be organizing the ‘War on Cancer Middle East 2021’ conference in Dubai. The event will be organized as following:
– The Economist Events’ War on Cancer Middle East will be held on November 12th, 2021 at Rixos, Jumeirah Beach Residence, The Walk, Dubai.
– St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is supporting the event.
– Speakers include Her Royal Highness Princess Dina Mired of Jordan, president, Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) and Dr. Younis Mohammed Amin Kazim, chief executive officer, Dubai Healthcare Corporation (DHA).
– This event is certified by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service and eligible for 5.5 CPD points.
– The announcement for the upcoming conference was made on September 12, 2021 in Dubai by The Economist Events.
– Dr. Omar Nimri, Head, cancer prevention and control department, Ministry of Health, Jordan; Dr. Asem H. Mansour, chief executive officer and director general, King Hussein Cancer Center; Dr. Azad Moopen, founder chairman and managing director, Aster DM Healthcare; and Wahid Al Kharusi, president, Oman Cancer Association, will also address the conference.
– The event is to facilitate dialogue between policymakers, industry leaders, health-care providers, insurers, oncologists and prominent thinkers.
– The conference will explore cancer care access and innovations in the Middle East and address the regional issues hampering progress.
– About the Economist Events
Economist Events, the organiser of the summit and part of The Economist, has hosted over 80 events annually across more than 30 countries on topics that convene world-class thought leaders on a range of strategic business issues.
– According to WHO figures each year, approximately 300,000 children and adolescents are expected to be diagnosed with cancer. About 8 in 10 of these children live in low- and middle-income countries, where cure rates are often estimated at only 20 per cent.
– “The only way for us to truly combat the rising incidence of cancer around the world is through collaboration,” said James R. Downing, M.D., president and chief executive officer, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. “Healthcare providers, scientists, patient advocates, innovators, and government leaders have vital roles to play in improving how we advance the prevention, detection and treatment of cancer globally.”
– Her Royal Highness Princess Dina Mired of Jordan, president, Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) said: “Over the coming two decades the Middle-Eastern region is forecast to experience the fastest increase in cancer burden globally. We urgently need to join forces to make a change. As president of the Union for International Cancer Control, I look forward to highlighting the importance of the whole society and of the government to take the fight against cancer to the next level.”
– For more information about the event or to register, please visit: https://events.economist.com/
As a media relations officer you are required to choose the most relevant information from the given scenario and write a press release (400–450 words) on the topic.
You are required to be creative and original in your writing approach, keeping in mind the principles of writing a press release (refer to materials on BBL).
Be mindful of the rubrics attached to the brief, to understand the criteria you will be marked against.
Your submission should be in a form of a DOC or PDF file.For more information on Union for International Cancer Control check on this :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_for_International_Cancer_Control
At Edubaddy.com, we deliver the best essay writing service in USA and guarantee all of our customers that we deliver on what we promise.
Our team of writers is the best in the essay writing industry. We are the best college essay writing service
Once you create an account with us, we will also provide you with a personal account to load your funds. We promise to refund your money if you aren’t satisfied with our products.Read more
As the best essay writing service in USA, all of our work is 100% original and completely plagiarism-free. We use the best plagiarism checkers on all papers that our writers submit. Trust us to deliver the best original orders.Read more
Whenever you submit your paper with us, we always strive to deliver the best high-quality finished orders. What happens when you receive our finished paper but are not satisfied? We offer free unlimited revisions. We also aim for nothing but to deliver only high-quality papers. EduBaddy puts quality first in all papers that we deliver to your account.Read more
It’s important to us that our customers understand that all the information that they share with us is strictly confidential and only used to improve the essay writing services that we offer. We will never share, rent, or sell any information you share with us.Read more
It’s always important that all our clients understand and trust us to deliver the highest-quality papers. We must trust each other if we want to achieve the best end results. We always want to make sure that our customers are absolutely happy with every paper that we write for you.Read more