(PLEASE READ CHAPTER 18 FROM THE ATTACHED PDF )
Essay: CAPITAL PUNISHMENT
Carefully follow the instructions to not lose points.
Write a college-level essay in which you take a position on Capital Punishment.
To answer the essay question, you are required to:
1.) Have closely read all of chapter eighteen and use the chapter for definition, sources, and data.
2.) Use at least one credible outside source.
3.) Clearly label each part of your argument using the format for moral argumentation sheet.
4.) Use no more than two lines of direct quotation from any source.
5.) document all sources and data internally, e.g., when it is our textbook that is used document source/data with “textbook, pp__.”
6.) have read chapters four to seven for ethical theories and use ethical theories in your argument;
7.) Proofread and spell check and use proper grammar and syntax.
8.) DO NOT cut and paste; use standard 12 point font.
PHATTACHMENTSI 2604 Format for Moral Argumentation
The format for argumentation that you will use to write the essay:
1. Thesis Paragraph: Introduce the topic, explain the scenario and the ethical dilemma.
2. Defensible Moral Standards (Pro-Argument): Present an argument for the side of the ethical dilemma you are taking by appealing to one or more moral standards as basis for your argument. [i.e., Aristotle’s formal principle for justice, Mill on injustice, the principle of no-harm, etc.]
3. Then present data and/or others’ arguments that support your position (use references, data, etc.).
4. Con-Arguments (arguments that challenge the moral standards you are appealing to): Recite arguments (with reasons and data) that are against your position, that is against what you are arguing for. Be careful of straw man arguments.
5. Refutation of Con-Arguments: Using data and providing reasons, pick apart those arguments that are against what you are arguing for. Show why or how these arguments fail or are inaccurate (e.g., false premise[s], invalid reasoning, counterexamples exist).
6. Summary/Conclusion (Passage of moral judgment): Summarize your argument and state why it is the fair and moral/just answer to the ethical dilemma.
Using this format you will have more than ample opportunity to express your grounded opinion throughout the essay.
This is a formal college essay, therefore avoid: colloquialisms (e.g., slang expressions), and remember that unclear writing signifies unclear thinking. Maintain clarity of thought, provide relevant premises, and proofread for proper grammar and syntax.For more information on Capital Punishment check on this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies