(PLEASE READ CHAPTER 18 FROM THE ATTACHED PDF )
Essay: CAPITAL PUNISHMENT
Carefully follow the instructions to not lose points.
Write a college-level essay in which you take a position on Capital Punishment.
To answer the essay question, you are required to:
1.) Have closely read all of chapter eighteen and use the chapter for definition, sources, and data.
2.) Use at least one credible outside source.
3.) Clearly label each part of your argument using the format for moral argumentation sheet.
4.) Use no more than two lines of direct quotation from any source.
5.) document all sources and data internally, e.g., when it is our textbook that is used document source/data with “textbook, pp__.”
6.) have read chapters four to seven for ethical theories and use ethical theories in your argument;
7.) Proofread and spell check and use proper grammar and syntax.
8.) DO NOT cut and paste; use standard 12 point font.
PHATTACHMENTSI 2604 Format for Moral Argumentation
The format for argumentation that you will use to write the essay:
1. Thesis Paragraph: Introduce the topic, explain the scenario and the ethical dilemma.
2. Defensible Moral Standards (Pro-Argument): Present an argument for the side of the ethical dilemma you are taking by appealing to one or more moral standards as basis for your argument. [i.e., Aristotle’s formal principle for justice, Mill on injustice, the principle of no-harm, etc.]
3. Then present data and/or others’ arguments that support your position (use references, data, etc.).
4. Con-Arguments (arguments that challenge the moral standards you are appealing to): Recite arguments (with reasons and data) that are against your position, that is against what you are arguing for. Be careful of straw man arguments.
5. Refutation of Con-Arguments: Using data and providing reasons, pick apart those arguments that are against what you are arguing for. Show why or how these arguments fail or are inaccurate (e.g., false premise[s], invalid reasoning, counterexamples exist).
6. Summary/Conclusion (Passage of moral judgment): Summarize your argument and state why it is the fair and moral/just answer to the ethical dilemma.
Using this format you will have more than ample opportunity to express your grounded opinion throughout the essay.
This is a formal college essay, therefore avoid: colloquialisms (e.g., slang expressions), and remember that unclear writing signifies unclear thinking. Maintain clarity of thought, provide relevant premises, and proofread for proper grammar and syntax.For more information on Capital Punishment check on this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more