Capital Cost Bussines Assignment Help
- The firm’s tax rate is 40%.
- The current price of Jana’s 12% coupon, semiannual payment, noncallable bonds with 15 years remaining to maturity is $1,153.72. Jana does not use short-term interest-bearing debt on a permanent basis. New bonds would be privately placed with no flotation cost.
- The current price of the firm’s 10%, $100 par value, quarterly dividend, perpetual preferred stock is $116.95. Jana would incur flotation costs equal to 5% of the proceeds on a new issue. Jana’s common stock is currently selling at $50 per share. Its last dividend (D) was $3.12, and dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate of 5.8% in the foreseeable future.
- Jana’s beta is 1.2, the yield on T-bonds is 5.6%, and the market risk premium is estimated to be 6%. For the own-bond-yield-plus-judgmental-risk-premium approach, the firm uses a 3.2% risk premium.
- .Jana’s target capital structure is 30% long-term debt, 10% preferred stock, and 60% common equity.
To help you structure the task, Leigh Jones has asked you to answer the following questions
1. What sources of capital should be included when you estimate Jana’s weighted average cost of capital?
2. Should the component costs be figured on a before-tax or an after-tax basis?
3. Should the costs be historical (embedded) costs or new (marginal) costs?
What is the market interest rate on Jana’s debt, and what is the component cost of this debt for WACC purposes?
1. What is the firm’s cost of preferred stock?
2. Jana’s preferred stock is riskier to investors than its debt, yet the preferred stock’s yield to investors is lower than the yield to maturity on the debt. Does this suggest that you have made a mistake? (Wint. Think about taxes.)
1. What are the two primary ways companies raise common equity?
2. Why is there a cost associated with reinvested earnings?
3. Jana doesn’t plan to issue new shares of common stock. Using the CAPM approach, what is Jana’s estimated cost of equity?
Get Assignment Help
Business studies can be interesting and challenging at the same time. This should not worry you because we are here for you. My homework writers, guarantee you high-quality work at a low cost. We deliver the work on time and with zero plagiarism.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies